Thanks to all who turned out for the first Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Friends of Seafield House (FoSH) on Saturday 17 May 2014 at the Ellisland House Hotel.
The meeting started out with FoSH Chair, Rob Close, giving a review of all the activities carried out since it was established in October 2012. It was interesting to review what had been achieved over the last 18 months, including:
- public meetings and exhibitions, including events marking the centenary of Sir William Arrol’s death
- debate in the Scottish Parliament on the motion on Scotland’s Historic Houses lodged by Chic Brodie MSP
- participation in National Science and Engineering Week programmes at Rozelle House in 2013 & 2014
- continued campaigning to secure the future of Seafield House, liaising with individuals and organisations
- widespread communication of the campaign via social media and press coverage
- continued pressure on NHS Ayrshire & Arran to maintain the building
It was hoped that we would have been able to announce a positive outcome on the sale of Seafield House at the meeting, but unfortunately, we are still waiting to hear the decision on that from NHS Ayrshire and Arran.
All other business at the meeting was approved and the Management Committee was elected for another year.